Friday, December 01, 2006

Bangalore English - Very Funny!

I found this on the net. Marc and I had a good laugh...enjoy!!

Here are some rules on how to communicate in Bangalore:

If you want to clarify a thought, state it and then ask "No?". eg: "Today is Monday. No?".

If you want to present a thought, state it and then add "only". eg: "Today is Monday only".

If you want to agree to an idea, say "it is like that only".

If you want to agree hesitantly to an idea, it follows from previous rules that you say "it is like that only, no?".

If you know one thing and you think there are additional things, say "and all". Eg. "This US and all are in Iraq"; implies US, UK and their coalition are fighting in Iraq. You can say "and all" to fill in the gaps too.

If you want to talk about things that are not known to the audience, prefix each sentence with "actually", "basically" or "generally". For example, "My name is Babu. I am from Kerala. I go there every weekend." translates to "Actually my name is Babu. Basically I am from Kerala only. Generally I go there every weekend."

No comments: