Monday, February 26, 2007

OWC Charity Ball - 24 February 2006

We had an absolute ball at the OWC Charity Ball on Saturday (pardon the pun)! One normally only dresses up for weddings, work functions about once a year, so I was all to happy when I got the opportunity to put on my black number and high heals. I even had my own personal makeup artist that made sure I looked the part... Thank you, Jacqueline!!

I designed the add for The Rangoli (the OWC monthly magazine).

On arrival at the Taj West End we were greeted with cocktails, we purchased raffle tickets and had our photograph taken by the professional photographer...All very organised as one expects from a 5 Star hotel.

We had our photo taken, that was given to us later that evening in a cardboard frame. Talk about being organized...

Snacks and drinks were served while we mingled with people from all over the globe.

The hall, which was beautifully decorated by OWC volunteers.

This was my first time at a silent auction and it was great fun. There were many different items on offer like paintings, rugs, clothes, jewellery, trips away etc. I bid on two (affordable) clothing items from French Curve and won the bid! Ok, there were only two bids on the form, but it still felt good to have bought something at an auction.

It was an evening of bidding, dancing, raffle prizes and of course "good company" and I'm sure we will all be back next year!







No comments: