Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dumpling (Jiaozi) Party

We were invited to a Dumpling Party on Saturday. I was very excited to learn how to make Jiaozi/Dim Sums (dumplings). Unfortunately or should I say fortunately I will have to attend another one of these to actually learn how to make them from scratch. I found out that it is a little more complicated than just folding the filling into the dough, which is what I got to try...and I had fun trying.

We had a fun evening, Asian style with delicious dumplings, mooncakes, chengteng, barley ginko, chocolate brownies, bak-kua, pandan-cake and more.

The shoes lined up at the door was the 1st sign of a true Asian party.
Our hosts Liam and Vivian

We took turns trying our hand at folding the dumplings.

A professional demonstrating how it should be done.

Chef Lina preparing "yummy" fried and boiled dumplings.

1 dumpling, 2 dumpling, 3 dumling...more!! Yummy!

Vivian, me, Lucy (Assistant Chef), Kathleen, Monique, Kayoko and Mei

No comments: