Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Life in Jakarta

It's been 1 month and we love it here....

We decided that we didn't want to stay in the hotel until we move into our house, which should hopefully be in a week’s time. Luckily there was a furbished apartment available, which we moved into on Saturday, 17 May.

I've been shopping up a storm. Who wouldn't love to do that ;), especially in Indonesia. The furniture here is really amazing. All good things come to an end though and now that the orders have been placed for furniture, bedding, kitchenware etc. I have more time on my hands to start thinking about how I'm going to be spending the rest of my time in Jakarta in the months (years) to come. I would imagine that we will still be "settling in" until the end of June but after that it will be back to normal.

The only thing that I definitely wanted to do, was to continue my intermediate German lessons, which I should start in July. Not really sure about anything else at the moment!

I couldn't decide if I wanted to get involved with one of the women's organization like I did for the OWC in Bangalore. There are a lot of different organizations in Jakarta (no South African one, even though there are a lot of South African's here). They of course all welcome other nationalities. ANZA was recommended to me and after I attended a coffee morning on Friday last week and I decided to join ANZA (Australia and New Zealand Association), which I did yesterday.

I met a couple of committee members that were pleased to hear about my OWC experience. All charity organizations rely sole on volunteers and of course another person able to contribute time, skills is always welcomed. I've decided to get involved again after all....only this time I will just be a volunteer and not on the committee. I've agreed to be part of the Charity Ball volunteer team, to help plan the annual ANZA Ball which will take place in September.

In the mean time I have also started a review blog atReview which is just something I've decided could keep me busy and who knows, perhaps lead to something in the consumer journalism/PR field, which is something that I'm looking into and may decide to study. Let's see....

Check it out! atReview

NOTE: This is a blog for the ladies!

No comments: