Monday, May 18, 2009

Keeping busy with German lessons and Art Classes

It has been a busy couple of weeks since we've returned from South Africa. Since the engagement in December my days have been filled with planning our Big day. My mind space was occupied with something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue....

I knew that I would need a couple of new projects to keep me busy when I returned to Jakarta as Mrs. Beuthe.

I also knew exactly what I wanted to do, I just needed to DO IT...

I got my "A" into "G" and managed to find a new German teacher and have been attending classes twice a week, since mid April.

I didn't want to do a course at one of the institutes. I preferred the idea of having a private tutor and I have been putting it off for the past year, in the hopes that another Anne will come along and that I can get back on the good German track that I was on in Bangalore.

With no disrespect to my new teacher; Anne "you were the best, thank you so much for getting me through my beginner Course. The foundation is there and it's good. All because of you"!

I am sure I will soon start picking the fruits of the new teaching methods of Ibu (Mrs.) Tjan. It will still be a while before I'll be able to do a blog post in German though. But, being able to understand as much as I do, is already an achievement and I believe with practice and LOTS more grammar lessons I'll get better at it. I look forward to when we go on holiday to Germany again and I can use my German for real.

NOTE: Should you be looking for a German or Indonesian teacher, please comment on this post and I will send you Ibu Tjan's contact details.

Since I did Marc's birthday portrait in November, I have also been talking about taking art classes which I have managed to start with and absolutely love....

My art teacher has a studio at home where a couple of us spend 4 hours, once (sometimes twice a week) drawing and painting and where I will hopefully be learning a lot from our master, Jazz.

I have only been for 3 lessons and I am hooked. I really enjoy it, and I can't wait for the next lesson. It is really amazing to see the progress in my work in only a few lessons.

The best of approx. 3 drawings, from my 1st lesson.

The best of approx. 5 drawings, from my 2nd lesson.


The best 2 drawings of approx. 4 drawings, from my 3rd lesson.

NOTE: Should you be interested in art classes in the South of Jakarta, please comment on this post and I will send you Jazz's contact details.

No comments: