Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My first...

My first mural:
A friend of mine wanted to paint a butterfly mural in her 4 year old daughter's bedroom and asked if I was up for it. I've never painted a mural before but I figured; why not. I thought it might be fun, and it was....

I do think it looks pretty amateurish, but all that really matters is that little Johke is happy with her butterflies; and she is. Phew!

I had so much fun doing this; I am already looking forward to the next one Alma wants in her baby boy's room.

My first orchid:
I have wanted an orchid, since forever. I've heard that they are really temperamental though and I have always worried that when we go away it will be dead by the time we get back. Also, I don't have green fingers at all... in fact, I've never been able to keep plants alive. Sad, I know.

I finally took the plunge and bought my first orchid last week.

I accompanied two of my friends to an Orchid market, near the Rangunan Zoo. The area is called Pasar Minggu and it is basically a huge plant/orchid market with one nursery after the other. The nurseries have so many different varieties of orchids, that it was really hard to choose one.
The market is definitely worth checking out if you are looking to buy plants. It is suppose to be a lot cheaper than any of the street stalls around Kemang.
Contact details of one of the nurseries: 0813-16299555 or 021-9817 1241
My beautiful orchid...Now let's see how long it will stay that way ;-)

Click here to learn how you should care for your orchids!

No comments: