Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jakarta twin bomb blasts

I still can't get over it. It is just very unnerving to think that a couple of weeks before the attack we were at a function at the Ritz Carlton. And like us, many people probably have the exact same thoughts going through their minds. It just really hit close to home....The big hotels around Jakarta are "hang out places" for many foreign and Indonesian nationals. They are frequented by people for their famous Sunday brunches or some or other special event, work/embassy functions etc..

Talking about hitting close to home; some people we know, were supposed to have attended the meeting at the Ritz on Friday. And some of Marc's clients unfortunately were not so lucky, and were killed. Along with many other innocent people.

My heart goes out to all the people affected by these attacks. I am really saddened by these unnecessary attacks and I am sorry for these innocent peoples, loss.

To the poor families that buried their loved ones and in some cases having to arrange unidentifiable mortal remains to be flown home. To the survivors that have witnessed this tragedy and that will probably be haunted by the images they've seen, for the rest of their lives.

I don't think anyone can every truly understand the extent of the 'damage' that these kinds of attacks cause. At least, I know I don't.

All I can say is, or ask is; WHY? What could anyone possibly achieve by killing innocent people. I just don't get it.

A horrific image of the damage caused, leaving 9 dead and 50 injured.

Click here to watch a CECN.com video about the twin blasts.

Click here to read a News24 article about the bombings.

No comments: