Wednesday, September 09, 2009

In loving memory of my grandmother, Annatjie

In April I did a blog post; in loving memory of my grandmother, Kota. Little did I know that I would be doing another one 5 months later for my grandmother, Annatjie who past away on Monday, 17 August and was laid to rest on Monday, 24 August.

Anna Catarina Susanna (Annatjie) Erasmus will be dearly missed by her 2 son's, 3 daughter's, 11 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren that she left behind.

The memory of our dearest Ouma Annatjie will stay with us, always.

I never got to say thank you:

For the many times you helped me out with my home economics, needlework assignments, for eating my Green beans when my mom wasn't looking, for dealing with minor scrapes and bruises and for making it all better.

I will always remember Friday (steak and chips or ravioli and vetkoek) nights. I am yet to taste rusks, chocolate cake or milktart as good as yours.

But mostly I will remember the magic in your touch, the sunshine in your smile and love in everything you did. Hope and courage could be found by just looking in your eyes. Your laughter was a source of joy, your words always warm and wise. There was always real kindness and compassion in your embrace.
Your life was full of loving deeds,
Forever thoughtful of our special needs,
Today and tomorrow, my whole life through,
I will always love and cherish you!

No comments: