Thursday, September 06, 2007

SA Visit

I arrived in Jozi on the 15th and had a busy two weeks leading up to my sister, Christine's wedding on the 25th of August. I can't believe it's been almost a year since our last trip home. Time really does fly when you're having fun.

We had a great time and enjoyed spending time with family and friends that we were lucky enough to see during our short visit.

The Tolken ladies and Amori, catching up the night of my arrival in JHB.
The Bridesmaids finishing the scrapbook until late Thursday night

Drinks with friends at the Barron in Sandton on the Friday night - Julia, Lesleigh and me.

Amori, Jacqueline and me.

Saturday afternoon we enjoyed Christine's Bridal Shower Picnic in the garden.

Mother and daughter team at work.

Bride to be and her 3 maids...

The Bridal Shower Picnic that our party planner Amori and her two helpers (Jacqueline and I) carefully planned and executed successfully.

Later the same day - The Hen Night celebrations.

The bride to be, Christine in her Hen Night outfit.

I spent 3 days in bed following the Bridal Shower/Hen night. On Wednesday we did last minute wedding stuff... bridesmaid dress fittings, table plans, shoe shopping, gift shopping etc.

On the Friday before the wedding Christine was spoilt with a bubble bath with rose petals, champagne, chocolates, strawberries and cream. Our personal beauty therapist Jacqueline did our nails and we did what girls do before the big day...giggle and chit chat.
Saturday the 25th - Christine and Pieter's big day finally arrived.
Mom and daughter both looking beautiful on the special day.

Amori, Jacqueline, me and the beautiful bride, Christine

Mr. and Mrs. De la Porte walking out of the chapel after their "I do's"


Looking ever so glam - Marc in his suit and tie

The cousins

The Sunday night Marc and I flew to Scottburgh. I unfortunately was still sick and couldn't dive but Marc did a two tank dive and experienced Aliwal for what it's famous for....Big waves, big rays, turtles and sharks. We were amazed by how the see and the beaches in Umkomaas and Scottburgh has changed after the storm they had in March this year. The roads in Umkomaas were badly damaged...destroyed and the see just looks full...

Amazing sand statues on the Scottburgh beach.

This used to be a road.
We arrived back in Jozi, late Wednesday night.

We had a lovely dinner with Chris and Lesleigh on Thursday - O, how I miss my friend!!!!


On the Friday night we enjoyed dinner, celebrating Amori's birtday and farewell before she too bids her friends and family goodbye sometime in September and heads off to start her new life in Dubai....Good Luck, Amori.

Julia, Lesleigh, Melanie, Amori and I

Marc, Warren and Dean

The newly weds back from honeymoon....All smiles!

On Saturday we had another one of the famous Papadopoulos parties, celebrating spring day. As per usual Terry and Sylvia went all out and we had a blast.

Linda, Sylvia, Lesleigh, me, Jacqui and Rhiana

Linda, Marc, Dean and Sharron

Linda and Claus doing a bit of indoor wind surfing...Hehehehe

Guess what they are talking about.........FISH ON!!

On Sunday night I packed my bags with some odds and ends that I wanted to bring back to India. To Marc's surprise I managed to fit photo frames, wall paintings, candles, coffee plungers and more.

We spent the day in Singapore on Tuesday - a couple of ours sleep in the transit hotel. We took a shuttle into the city to shop for a camera. What a great place!!

We arrived in Bangalore at about 12pm on Tuesday. Happy to be home! Marc is getting back into work mode and I'm getting back into OWC mode. I am also looking forward to staring German lessons on the 18th of September.

Note: More photos on facebook...looking forward to chatting to you on there. So for now, missing all of you back home. Hope to see you soon!

No comments: