Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Our mini celebraty moments - how funny!

When people finally started arriving at the airport in Hai Phung we once again felt like celebrities (without having to look like one). It's actually happened a few times where the locals stare, touch and laugh at us and even take photograph's (I've heard about this happening and thought it was a joke). Well, who knows....maybe we're the joke!!!

In Hanoi a family were having there photo taken on the bridge at Hoan Kiem Lake by who looked like a professional photographer that ordered people to stop (not to get in their picture). I was waiting patiently waiting for them to finish when they waved me closer which I thought mean I could go past but instead they pulled me into the shot. Funny!!!!

The Vietnames girls in this picture would come sit next to us (check out what Marc was reading (or maybe they were smelling us) giggled and walk back to where they were sitting. A minute later two would come sit next to us again and they would indicate to the rest of their friends to come over. Moving closer and closer the one girl says "We u from"? I answer South Africa....she says "America", I say South Africa and they start laughing and run away again. Eventually the whole family (youngsters) were sitting next to me when the next question came "what your name"?...and so it goes. It is really quite funny and they were very excited when Marc wanted to take a picture.

No comments: