Monday, July 17, 2006

Vung Tao

Marc and David had to go to Vung Tao to meet with clients and I went along for the ride. Vung Tao is a Beach Resort (well, so it's called) about 125km out of HCMC. David was nice enough to let his driver Mr. Van drive me around while they were working. I spent a about an hour and a half on the beach and then met them for lunch and after lunch Mr. Van took me to the Kings House up on a hill with a lovely view of of the ocean. Vung Tao has almost a Mediterranean feel to it and it is a really nice place to go to , to get away from the City hustle.

Vung Town is an oil town and they seem to spend a lot of money on the roads, gardens, sidewalks which are really well maintained.


You can hire a lounger and umbrella and just relax on the beach. I expected the water/beach to be dirtier but it actually wasn't too bad. There are the odd can or piece of plastic lying around but over all Vung Tao is a very clean town .


A very large statue of Jesus on the Hill

David and Marc after lunch, on their way to their next meeting...

While I enjoyed the view from the Kings House with my personal tour guide Mr. Van

No comments: