Monday, July 10, 2006

The War Remnants Museum



We visited The War Remnants museum and it blew me away. The pictures on show of the American invasion were quite something I wasn't prepared for (Yes, you know me…of course I had tears in my eyes). How can you not get emotional, I suppose pictures of war can never be nice! The effects of Agent Orange (a chemical used by the Americans) on undeveloped fetus’s were shown in large glass jars! Horrible, Horrible, Horrible! Seeing Vietnamese locals with disfigurements and amputations today is a harrowing reminder that they had escaped being one of the nearly 2 million Vietnamese to die. Once again just made me think that, 30 yrs ago the same streets we were strolling along had massive army tanks charging down them able to destroy everything in sight.

No comments: