Friday, May 11, 2007

Good Read - PS. I Love you

I thought PS I Love You was a fantastic read I couldn't put it down and whan I had to I couldn't wait to pick it up again to see what was next on Gerry's list. It was a funny and emotional book. I can't wait to read the next one "Where Rainbows End".

PS, I love you
by Cecelia Ahern

Holly's husband, Gerry of seven years dies after a losing fight with brain cancer. What then happens to Holly happens to many who are bereaved. Friends seem to not know what to say or do, and so the new widow is left to her own devices. A few close and cherished friends hang in there, to help Holly recover from a trauma she is not sure will ever end – and she is not even sure that she wants it to end. It is the “List” messages from Gerry that he leaves behind with a series of challenges to be carried out each month during the year following his death, which helps her through it.

PS. You might cry!!

1 comment:

Brentholio said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I'm totally fascinated! What a wonderful adventure you two have living all over the world! What is it that Marc does for a living that allows you to do this?

Anyway you also look kinda like my friend Melinda, but that's another random thought.

Cheers from Atlanta!
Brent
http://www.darbymedia.com/