Wednesday, May 09, 2007

OWC Pink Elephant Sale


I volunteered to help with the annual Pink Elephant Sale. We tagged the items a couple of weeks before and on the day of the sale we (I got Jacqueline to help out on the day) managed a table.

The event was held on Wednesday, 2 May. Nearly 95,000 rupees was raised for the OWC charities. Of the 86 boxes of donated clothing, toys, homewear and shoes, books, accessories etc. There were seventy empty boxes at the end of day. The remaining goods will be distributed to the OWC charities. Wednesday was truly a win-win day.

Everything moved seamlessly, giving credit to long hours of behind-the-scenes preparation work of all the volunteers.

I walked away with a few items myself which I’m very happy about. I’m looking forward to next year's sale!


No comments: