Sunday, June 10, 2007

Visiting the Woods in the Czech Republic


When Marc and I started planning our trip to Europe it just made sense that I go a week earlier to visit the Wood's in Plzen. I couldn't let this great opportunity pass me by... "I loved it"!

Hayley and Colin and their two girls moved to Plzen in January. Hayley is working for South African Breweries in Plzen on contract and Colin is writing a book. Their flexible careers allow them to travel around Europe every chance they get.

When they first told us about their plans to leave SA and become TRAVL-BUGZ everyone of course asked them how they would mange with two small children. I just loved Colin's answer: "The girls are small enough to take out of school and big enough to pull their own suitcases". LOL ;-)

Hayley waited for me at the train station in Plzen. I almost didn't recognise her as she has chopped all her hair off since I saw her last. I had to book my ticket back to Germany via Austria and I couldn't believe my ears when Hayley managed to do this in Czech. Even the girls speak a little bit of Czech... In fact they speak it a little better than mom and dad I think. Hayley has explained that every now and then she has to ask Sarah (4) what some words are in Czech.

Click on the below link for The Wood’s detailed post on my visit to the Czech Republic. http://travel-bugz.blogspot.com/2007/05/adeles-visit.html
I couldn’t give a better account of this fantastic weekend in Karlovy Vary a visit to Loket, Klaster Tepla on our ways back to Plzen and a day in Prague. I will also add a link to my facebook photo album soonest. Watch this space!
THANK YOU, Colin, Hayley, Amber and Sarah for making my visit so special!

No comments: